Date: Mon, 12 May 1997 00:40:37 -0500
From: Tari Fanderclai <[log in to unmask]>
To: Multiple recipients of list <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: A very special Tuesday Cafe

                 Please come to Netoric's Tuesday Cafe
                                   on
                              May 13, 1997
                                   at
                              8:00 p.m. EDT
                 in Netoric's Tuesday Cafe on MediaMOO
                                  for
                          A Proper MBU-L Sendoff

                              To join us:
         Telnet to MediaMOO at purple-crayon.media.mit.edu 8888
         connect guest OR connect your character if you have one
                             @go Tuesday
                If you're new to Netoric and/or MOOing,
         Netoric's Information and MOOhelpsheet is available from
                         Netoric's Home Page:
          http://bsuvc.bsu.edu/~00gjsiering/netoric/netoric.html

       ->  Netoric's home page also has logs of Netoric events!  <-

     In 1989, Fred Kemp began the MegaByte University Listserv, a
     list that served to introduce so many of us to so much of the
     world of computers and writing, and to give us a sense of
     connectedness and community even when few of our local
     colleagues shared our interests.  We found our first long-
     distance collaborators.  We got valuable assistance and support
     for our individual struggles to bring computers into our
     classrooms and to get our students on-line.  We exchanged
     technical information and teaching techniques and theories
     and philosophies and even little bits of each other's personal
     and professional lives.

     Perhaps the clearest sign of the success of MBU is the fact
     that the community seems to have outgrown the list, with
     other forums--many of which grew in part out of conversations
     and collaborations begun on MBU--gradually taking over to
     answer the ever more diverse and specialized needs of the
     computers and writing community.  All good things serve well,
     and then, eventually, are replaced by that which they helped
     to inspire.

     Fred has determined that the time has come to end the MBU list,
     We know it's time to move on, but let's pause for a little
     reflection and a bit of nostalgia; let's say thanks to Fred and
     give MBU a proper sendoff.  Come to the Tuesday Cafe this week,
     and bring your stories about what being a member of the MBU
     community has meant for you.

     See you at the Cafe!

                      *  *  *  N E T O R I C  *  *  *
           Tuesday Cafe -- Electronic Conferences -- CMC Workshops
      | Tari Fanderclai                 |  Greg Siering               |
      | Boston, MA                      |  Ball State University      |
      | [log in to unmask]               |  [log in to unmask]  |