The REED Newsletter is converting to the status of peer-reviewed journal,
a process that should be complete by 1998.  The editorial board at present
includes:

Lawrence Clopper, Indiana University
JoAnna Dutka, Past Editor, Erindale College, Unversity of Toronto
Alexandra Johnston, REED and Victoria College, University of Toronto
Sally-Beth MacLean, REED, University of Toronto
Anne Lancashire, University College, University of Toronto
Robert Tittler, Concordia Unversity
William Streitberger, University of Washington

We will also be switching to annual publication under a new name:

Early Theatre:
A Journal associated with the Records of Early English Drama.

Early Theatre welcomes research in medieval or early modern drama and
theatre history, rooted in the records and documents of England, Scotland,
Ireland, and Wales.  We likewise encourage articles or notes on related
materials either in Europe, or in other parts of the world where English
or European travellers, traders, and colonizers observed performances by
other peoples. Although we have been primarily interested in the
performance history of any art, entertainment, or festive occasion of the
period, we also invite submissions of interpretive or literary articles
relating to the performances themselves.

We are now considering articles and notes for publication in 1998.
Submissions, written in English, may range from 250-7000 words, in Chicago
or MLA style.  Style information will be available by e-mail on request.
Copy must be double-spaced, including endnotes, and accompanied by a
diskette. For returns, include a self-addressed envelope and sufficient
postage.  Address correspondence and submissions to Helen Ostovich,
Editor, REED Newsletter / Early Theatre, Department of English, McMaster
University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada L8S 4L9.  For further information by
e-mail, write to [log in to unmask]

Helen Ostovich, Editor