Again, Ron, I have some insightful experience with this.
Once again, I feel that I must inform you that the only part of my brain that
has been damaged is the pallidus, i.e. the receptors. I was suffering from
severe depression before the CO poisoning created the bilateral lesions to
the globus pallidus.
Now, however, despite my aches and pains due to the Parkinsonism, I am almost
always in a pretty good mood. Even at my low points, such as when I fractured
my orbital bone in three places falling from my front steps last week Monday,
I was joking with my father once the ambulance got me to the hospital. I am
always pretty happy now. I am not sure what relevance this has to your
lecture, but I'm positive that it has some.

Jacob Drollinger (26,'88)