Having joined this list to learn more of the problems PWP face day to day
from treatment, medication and response, psychological impact including
depression, I have been "listening in" and to those many contributors to
this list. In my case,  my interest is because of my wife's bachelor
brother who is 63/6, in an advanced
state of illness. The mood swings, tremors, hallucinations, weakness due to
many factors, including diet and understanding the balancing of medication
all had to be better understood. While it is seems clear that no one PWP
has the exactly the same condition and needs because of countless
variables, it is fact that this illness has not been in the forefront in
public awareness and has not been adequately supported by public awareness.
I myself am 63, active all my life, and only when this illness hit someone
close to me did I make it a point to develop any knowledge or understanding
of it. It is encouraging that this is changing and I applaud those who are
working so hard to do something about it.
But. obviously there is a long way to go in awareness and to enlist more
funding for research, education, treatment and total care for the afflicted.

I have seen some comment with regard to a lapel pin, and I may be wrong but
I do not see a national or international logo or standard. Could I be
wrong? I must be. This would be unbelievable. If there a source, here in
Canada, where can I obtain one or two?

Thank you all again, for all the notes, postings and encouragement that I
witness on this list from the care givers as well as the those who
courageously battle this illness. You have given me an insight of a problem
that needs all our active support, for which I am very grateful. More need
to understand and support medical progress so please keep up the active
cause, where you can.

Cyril W. Gray
Mississauga, On
mailto:[log in to unmask]