Brian Collins wrote:

> On Wed 23 Apr, Richard Doyle wrote:
> >  snip
> >
> > I have tightness around my neck like a band being pulled tight -- then this
> > feeling moves up to my head, squeezing my head tight.  This makes my vision
> > blurry.  My lower ribs also feel like there's a band tightening.  My heart
> > valve then thumps so loudly that it scares the heck out of me.  When I was
> > taking the Permax, all of this was painful.  Then I stopped the Permax, and
> > the symptoms went away.  Now, much to my dismay, they're back, but they're
> > not painful yet.
> >
> > Any ideas out there?
> >

> Hello Richard, I have tried to visualise some way that Parkinson's could
> contreibute to your problem, but I can't.  It seems more likely to me that
> the main contributor is likely to be your cardio-vascular system.
> --
> Brian Collins  <[log in to unmask]>
It certainly could be cardiovascular and that should be checked out
first.

These symptoms can also be consistant with a panic attack.  That is a
treatable neurochemical/psychiatric disorder which can be treated with
meds and behavior therapy.  I want to emphasize however that the most
likely cause given your history is cardiovascular and/or med related and
those possibilities should be investigated first.

Charlie
--
CHARLES T. MEYER, M.D.
MADISON, WISCONSIN