Thanks to Phil for the Udall update (BTW, folks, the poor representation from KS is not from lack of effort!).  It was kinda disheartening to print out the list and have it take over 6 pages. :(

I'd like to suggest a mini-list of VIPs, consisting of the members of the Senate Committee on Labor and Human Resources and the House Committee on Appropriations (subcommittee on Labor, Health/Human Services, and Education).  These are two places I am aware of that are currently dealing with the Udall Bill, and it seems that it would be important to have strong backing with these gatekeepers.

So, here's a list of the relevant committee memberships; working with Phil's list, I've *'d current SPONSORS.  I apologize for the awkward list order -- that's how I found it on the House & Senate home pages (http://www.house.gov and http://www.senate.gov)

SENATE COMMITTEE ON LABOR & HUMAN RESOURCES:

Republicans:
VT Jeffords
IN Coats
NH Gregg
TN Frist
OH DeWine
WY Enzi
AK Hutchinson
ME Collins *  (Yeah, Ivan!)
VA Warner
KY McConnell

Democrats:
MA Kennedy *
CT Dodd *
IA Harkin *
MD Mikulski *
NM Bingaman *
MN Wellstone *
WA Murray *
RI Reed *

HOUSE SUBCOMMITTEE ON LABOR, HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES, EDUCATION:

IL Porter (chair)
FL Young
TX Bonilla
OK Istook