I am in a two year study comparing Pramipexole to Carbidopa-Levodopa.  I
also take  5mg of Eldepryl  each morning and 25 mg of Amitriptyline each
evening.  Prior to the Study I was taking only  Eldepryl and between it
and the Parkinsons I was sleeping very little. Amitriptyline was added
because of mood swings and served the secondary function of causing me to
get good sleep. Almost too good.
Immediately after starting the Study Medications I began to take
unplanned naps while driving and while tuning pianos. I had to schedule
two naps a day to control this. I can`t control the Study medications,
but I don`t  have to take Amitriptyline.  The first three days without
Amitriptyline really messed up my sleep. I was drossy but could not
sleep.  After a week, I found  that I was only  a little drossy during
the day and can now get to sleep if I work at it. Also, I find that the
Study meds have given me good relief of Parkinsons symptoms , including
mood swings.  I guess that adjusting meds is just part of the Parkie
experience.
Yes, I think that Pramipexole  can cause real problems with falling
asleep .