     On the subject of wearing badges to promote Parkinson's awareness, the
Parkinson's Action Network in Santa Rosa, CA ([log in to unmask]) uses a badge
that is being well recognized on the Hill in Washington.  All the PD
advocates who come to DC to lobby Congress or attend PAN fund raising
functions wear them and give them out to Congressional staffers.  Many
support groups are now using them.

        We were lobbying Maryland congressmen yesterday and had many
comments on the badges we were wearing.  Staffers were very pleased when we
gave them one.

        The badge is a 1 1/2 inch diameter white circle with PD in large
black letters in the middle of it.  The edge of the circle is red and there
is a red line across the PD letters.  Similar to what Barb Mallut is
suggesting - I think however there is great value in consistency and
existing recognizable symbols.

Susan Hamburger, CG for Stan, 62/16+

It's a funny thing about life; if you refuse to accept anything but the
best, you very often get it.
                     W. Somerset Maughm