On Wed, 30 Apr 1997, Richard Morelli wrote:

> A very  technical journal article, which I would recommend only to
>physicians, is in:  Proc. Nat'l Acad. Sci., USA; Vol. 94, pp 2019-2024,
>March 1997.  Below is the text of the 'abstract.'  The full article is on
>the WWW at:  http://www.pnas.org

Biologists would get a good read out of it too. :)

> Although immunosuppressant immunophilin ligands promote neurite
>outgrowth in vitro, their neurotrophic activities are clearly independent
>of their immunosuppressive activity. In the present report, a novel
>nonimmunosuppressive immunophilin ligand, GPI-1046

[snip]

Speaking of this, I just found out about the company's web site,
http://www.guilford.com/

It's about what you'd expect. They've got links to the press releases that
have already been seen here, general description of the project, plus a
list of related journal references.

BTW, their other projects inclue Dopascan, also discussed there.

Diana Hamilton -- [log in to unmask] -- Baltimore, MD USA
http://alumni.umbc.edu/~hamilton/tapelist.html