Yes, indeed I have an opinion on this. It is mostly my own experience,
though.
Before my severe CO poisoning, causing the damage to the globus pallidus,
which is the cause of my Parkinsonism, I had an extremely addictive
personality, so far as the doctors could say, I was a severe
obsessive-compulsive.
Now, however, I must say, it feels like that part of my brain has been
knocked out. And I'll tell you something else, I feel as if the Lord has done
me a favor. Because, if someone gave me a chance to feel completely normal
physically; no matter how good that would feel, and believe me, it would be
one heck of a change, if I would have to go back and suffer all the emotional
agony that I was going through before the poisoning, there would be no way in
hell I would take them up on it. The severe P.D. that I am going through
right now, is a minor, MINOR, discomfort compared to the pain of depression.

Jacob
26, '88