At 09:35  02/05/97 -0400, Walter O. Huegel wrote:
>Tonight's Billy Graham/Hugh Downs interview is over, no reference to PD,
except by Barbara Walters.<

It was not Barbara Walters who referred to Parkinson's. It was a man during
the introduction of the interview.

>As a Lutheran Pastor I had a broken leg and used a bar-stool in the pulpit.<

As a Lutheran Pastor I would expect you to have more compassion and
understanding for your fellow human beings. As Ellen DeGeneres said when
asked about remarks made by Jerry Falwell about her being gay, "Isn't that
nice? - a minister name-calling."

>I saw Hugh Downs who had a 20/20 piece about his bilateral knee implants. I
saw Billy Graham in denial, <snip> but less than candid.<

I saw none of this. I saw a man being interviewed about his religion and
beliefs. The interview was not about his medical condition.

>Perhaps I should read his latest book, "Just as I am."<

Perhaps you should.

>I've always believed in being forthright, "What you see is what you get." A
congruence of the outer and inner man.<

So have I, and I don't like or agree with your opinion.
To Barb Mallut's post, I can only add, "AMEN!"

Judith