At 08:34 AM 5/1/97 -0400, you wrote:
>     On the subject of wearing badges to promote Parkinson's awareness, the
>Parkinson's Action Network in Santa Rosa, CA ([log in to unmask]) uses a badge
>that is being well recognized on the Hill in Washington.  All the PD
>advocates who come to DC to lobby Congress or attend PAN fund raising
>functions wear them and give them out to Congressional staffers.  Many
>support groups are now using them.
>
>        We were lobbying Maryland congressmen yesterday and had many
>comments on the badges we were wearing.  Staffers were very pleased when we
>gave them one.
>
>        The badge is a 1 1/2 inch diameter white circle with PD in large
>black letters in the middle of it.  The edge of the circle is red and there
>is a red line across the PD letters.  Similar to what Barb Mallut is
>suggesting - I think however there is great value in consistency and
>existing recognizable symbols.
>
>Susan Hamburger, CG for Stan, 62/16+
>

>It's a funny thing about life; if you refuse to accept anything but the
>best, you very often get it.
>                     W. Somerset Maughm

susan we hear in lima,ohio have had for spell. i go for the tulip. we got to
get one that is unvesal missletd but same world over. just got our national
letter on pd. say don,t hide from the world. all so said uk is lot head of
us on pd. thats usa. and some say nero don,t want cg in office when he sees
paintents my does. so you take from there. and not to over med. which lot do
as i see on net. i take vac one inwhile which helps me. i said me not every
one. don I.Y.Q.