I agree with the notion that if there is no diagnosis it doesn't exist, as
believed by doctors.  I'm on this list to learn more about my mother's
parkinson, but I had a problem a few years ago which shows this up.

I was not digesting food properly in that I was constantly having diarreah
(I've never been able to retain the spelling to that word) as well as
throwing up on a pretty steady basis.  I went for tests and they all came
back negative.  I ended up with a violent case of throwing up which would not
stop and ended up in the hospital.  After a week and many tests they still
came back negative.

The gastroenterologist's response to my illness was, "You're having some
problems with digestion and you're overreacting.  He repeated this to my
primary physician who was incredulous and who gave me some medication for my
problem.  Two years later I was still overreacting and still taking the pills
to help me.  It's a little better now, but the problem has still not gone
away.  The doctors did not know what my problem was, were not interested in
pursuing anything that could not be found with normal testing, and therefore,
I had no problem.

Be careful.  Doctors speak to you as if they know the answer.  They don't.
 My father the caregiver, has learned more about Parkinsons from my
information that I've received on this list, than from any doctors my mother
has seen.

Freda Kreiner