Joy and Dennis...

Many thanks to Joy for making such valuable tools for those of us PWPs who
face a hospitalization.

I'm due to have surgery for a torn rotator cuff in my primary left shoulder
some time after May 25, and am scared to death - NOT of the surgery itself,
but of possibly uncaring, oh-so-busy-and-overworked AND/OR non-PD-educated
physicians and nursing staff!!!

Also, it's scary to think how non-PD educated (maybe
"resistant-to-PD-education" is a better term?) both my two daughters are.

The fact of the matter is I wish there was a PD-savvy paid advocate I could
HIRE to remain by my side at the hospital!   And this is with what should be
only a one or two night stay if the surgery is able to be done
orthoscopically. and a coupla days longer if a more extensive "clean-up" of
the shoulder joint is needed.  I can't even BEGIN to imagine how terrible,
PD-wise, it would be to have, say, bypass surgery or some other major surgery
requiring a lengthy hospital stay.

I've had this mental image of going into the hospital in pretty good condition
as far as the PD is concerned, with a bum shoulder, and coming OUT of the
hospital with a perfectly working shoulder and a helluva bunch of PD NEW
symptoms!!

Going into the hospital armed with Joy's PD-information Forms (with some
additions I've added to the form) IS going to make the whole situation a
little bit easier for me.

THANKS AGAIN, JOY!

Barb Mallut