HI Barb,
I am sorry to hear that you have to have surgery.  A patient advocate is
what a lot of people need going into hospital --not just PWP's! Can you
"train" someone to act as your advocate and then nominate that person?
Family are great, but if they don't know then....even they may be pleased
not to be in the wilderness.
I have recently seen the tragic effects of a family who knows nothing about
PD and won't learn how to ask the right questions.
In the UK and Canada there are nurse practitioners who could probably do
this sort of thing for you.

I am supposted to be off this list but sent my instructions incorrectly...
>Going into the hospital armed with Joy's PD-information Forms (with some
>additions I've added to the form) IS going to make the whole situation a
>little bit easier for me.

I am so glad the form was of help.

Please let me know what additions you made to the form.  I also added one
last night for my husband, which was: "I can not write"

I will update you all on Bob's progress when results of tests come back.

Joy Graham