Martin:

I noticed the same problem early in my "career."  I may be imagining it but
a combination of Gingko and Ginseng seems to help me.  I take a "Your Life"
Brand Gingko with breakfast and lunch.  Then I take a Solgar American
Ginseng with lunch.  This seems to ward off the sleepiness I used to get in
the afternoons.

Please note the brand names.  I have tried different brands with much less
success.  My sister (who is perfectly healthy) complained that Ginseng kept
her awake at night if she took it in the evening.  I will definitely have
insomnia if I take Gingko in the evening.  Beware, Gingko might give you
headaches.

        Ron Reiner (49/2)