Tina,

I was divorced 8 years ago, before I was diagnosed with PD-but had some
symptoms.  Fortunately, my lawyer included in my settlement that my husband
continue to provide me with medical insurance until I am 65.  It wasn't a
problem for my husband because we had a very good group policy for our
family-owned business.

Like you, I had only worked a little part time.  I had stayed home to raise
our 3 sons.  I've thought many times about what a godsend it was that my
lawyer did this, because there is no way I could afford my medical bills or
medication.  Even though I was not directly employed by the company,  I was a
stockholder and the insurance co. never said anything about it.  I've been
using them for almost 3 years now -they know I have PD- and they've been
super.

I don't know much about other groups, but ours is with Blue Cross & is called
Blue Cross First Source.  When I went to Emory, in Atlanta, last year for an
evaluation I was rather surprised to find that they accepted my insurance at
the desk, especially since I was from another state.  I paid nothing at the
time.  I was billed later for $56.00, which was the amount my insurance
didn't cover.

All I can tell you is be sure to try to get the insurance coverage included
with your divorce settlement.  This doesn't cost my former husband a penny,
directly, but it is really a life-saver for me.  Also,  I was informed that
if you were married for 10 years, regardless of whether or not you are
divorced, you are entitled to your former husbands social security benefits.
 If you are disabled, you may start collecting them upon (your) reaching age
fifty ---regardless of whether your former husband is living, deceased,
retired or not.  Check this out to be sure, but it was told to me by a friend
who is a judge.

Good luck,
Rosemary Russell   (49,  2 1/2 yrs.)
Arkansas