>Just joking. <grin>.  Seriously though, have you experienced any PD cases,
>Frank's or others, where muscular cramp, stiffness, etc. is aided, long
>term, by massage?

This group is my favorite online list.  How come eveyone is so determined to
be positive?  I haven't been on long enough to see big flames, and I'm sure
there are disagreements, but overall there seems to be a sense of humor here
that I really enjoy.

Massage is one of the best treatments for muscles that otherwise do not
contract and relax normally (PD, post-surgical lymphaedema, lying in bed
after an accident, man others).  Along with the U. S. RDA of calcium and
magnesium (essential for healthy contraction/relaxation of all types of
muscle fibers), appropriate massage is ideal for interrupting the
pain/spasm/pain cycle that can take over one's life.

I will post, soon, information about an article on PD and massage in a past
issue of Massage Therapy Journal (that info is at work and I'm at home).

Harold Packman, a licensed massage therapist in New York, has made a
videotape called "Massage for the Parkinson's Patient" that can be ordered by
MTs or lay people.  I have attended seminars he presented and his information
is good.  I do not profit from any of his activities or products (this is an
unsolicited, non-celebrity endorsement!) --
H. Packman
PO Box 3
Whitestone NY 11357
718-746-4669

Must go to the fabled workplace.  More later.
Deanne Charlton