Last week I attended a luncheon briefing by officals of the FDA. They were
presenting the goals and accomplishiments of the agency to secure continuing
legislation.
About two or three years ago legislation was adopted to permit the FDA to
charge a fee when and application for drug approval was submitted for their
consideration . The agency was require to set goals and reach thaose goals
 to continue receiving these special fees.

The jist of the presentation was that applications have increased 300% in the
last three years and approval time has been cut in half.

It is my understanding from conversations with some parties that FDA approval
is held up currently over the content of the statements on the packageing and
Upjohn can not commercially release the drug till the packaging is
approved.Dale