We have good news. The ball currently consists of 14,000 feet of
tie-able material, and weighs about 4 pounds. We have received mailings
from many states and countries, BUT NOT ENOUGH. Many people are
participating in the project in other ways in addition to mailing
tie-able material. Some examples are; a press release by Barbara
Blake-Krebs to 22 newspapers in Kansas, Bob and Joy Graham incuding the
Project in their next newsletter in Australia, and Anne Rutherford
preparing a press release and organizing a "mass mailing" in
Newfoundland. From here in Rochester we mailed letters to all of the NPF
chapters in the United States, and to over 45 Parkinson's organizations
outside the US. The next issue of NPF's Parkinson Report will have an
article about the ball.
If you have not mailed your tie-able material (preferably string),
please send it to:
Parkinson's Support Group of Upstate New York
PO Box 23204
Rochester, New York 14692
ATTENTION: BALL
This project is for each one of us; the victims of this terrible
disease, their caregivers and other loved ones. Each foot of material
shows our concern love and support for ourselves, our future, and our
future generations. WE WILL BE INVISIBLE NO MORE.
We will continue to give updates on the project.
John(48/2) and Donna Testa