^^^^^^GREETINGS  FROM^^^^^^^^^^
Ivan Suzman  47/10   [log in to unmask]
Portland, Maine   land of lighthouses   55  deg. F rainshowers and windy
DEAR CLAUDIA,

   Thank you for sharing you wonderful story.  My Parkinson's began at
37, and is called Young Onset Parkinson's.  I have never met anyone whose
Parkinson's started younger than about 31 or 32,  although it definitely
happens.

    My older brother, now 51, has Juvenile  Onset Diabetes, which started
at age 16.  I wondered about this,  since both of us are "earlier" than
usual in our onsets, and eventually surveyed our Parkinson's List
members, asking them, "DO YOU HAVE A DIABETIC RELATIVE?"

   I am busy processing the  101 responses.  Would you like to join in
the survey?

    If so, just post to the List your answer, and indicate, if the answer
is yes, whether the relative(s) is on your mom's or dad's side of the
family, and who it is, and the age of onset of the Diabetes.

   You are brave, and we are fortunate to meet you.  WELCOME to our list.

Ivan Mfowethu Suzman