From:   Parkinson's Information Exchange  On Behalf Of Debbie White
Sent:   Thursday, May 08, 1997 4:02 AM
To:     Multiple recipients of list PARKINSN
Subject:        Stiffness

I have read a lot about stiffness as a symptom. I do not have PD, but when
I get up in the morning, I experience stiffness. I realize this is not the
same as PD stiffness. What I have to do every morning is apply a moist heat
pack to my back for 20 minutes (turning on the stove is the first thing I
do in the morning). This helps me enormously.I'm wondering if anyone has
tried moist heat for Parkinson's-type stiffness and whether it helps at
all.

Debbie White