Jim,

You wrote:

> 7. Try self-hypnosis techniques, such as counting backwards, imagining
> pleasant, peaceful surroundings, etc.

Counting backwards may prove counter-productive for those who
suffer from dyskenisia and take PD meds at night.  Counting back-
wards may trigger dyskinesia.  My nuerologist had me count back-
wards recently when my dyskenisia failed to turn up on schedule-it
came roaring in. He tells me that most 'mental arithemetic' has that
affect.  Please don't ask me the why of it, at the time we were in
the middle of a pallidotomy and I forgot to get the details.

Dennis.

Dennis Greene 47/10