Barb,

The other thing I do when I pull something and have muscle pain -- and this
was on the advice of my chiro -- is  (after applying heat) lie on the floor
with my knees bent and feet on ground, find the trouble spot (which for me
is somewhere in my lower back), and roll around on a tennis ball on the
spot for about 20 seconds. IT HURTS! (That's how I know I have the right
spot.) It is surprising how similar this is to the deep massage my chiro
provided. (I can no longer afford the chiro; I can spring for the tennis
ball.) I wonder if this would provide any relief to anyone.

Debbie White