I received a call from the White House.

This was in response to 2 letters I sent to President Clinton.  The first 1 I
sent in February telling of my personal interest in the Udall bill, the need
for it and asking him to send a "Dear Colleague" style letter to his friends
on the hill encouraging their co-sponsorship and quick action to pass it.

I received a brief form letter in March and since it made no mention of any
specific subject matter at all is probably sent to anyone who sends a letter
to him.

In April I clipped the form letter response to a copy of my original letter
and wrote a new cover letter saying that I was returning the presidents
letter since I believed it was sent by secretarial error.  I then
respectfully requested that the President respond directly to my letter and
request for help.

Yesterday I got a call from the White House.  The person was very polite and
we spoke for about 10 minutes.

While she said she could not speak for the president or give me any answers
for him she did say that letters help.

Letters help.  We've been saying this all along.

If you haven't written to President Clinton yet now is the right time.  If
you get a form letter back you don't have to accept it.  Write again.  Write
1 letter and print it out twice.  One to the President and 1 to Mrs. Clinton.
 She is very powerful and it could help if we had her on our side.

President Clinton
The White House
Washington DC 20500
fax 202-456-2461  att. President Clinton

Hillary Rodham Clinton
The White House
Washington DC 20500
fax 202-456-2461  att. Mrs. Clinton