First, Barbara -- thanks for the warm welcome and the efforts/leadership with
this list.

My name is Robert and I've subscribed on behalf of my dad who was recently
diagnosed with PD.  He's an immigrant to this country from Portugal and has had
limited educational opportunities so I'm on board to see if there's anything I
can learn which might help him.

My dad's always been an athlete and was even a finalist to represent Portugal in
the 19?? summer Olympics.

I've done some preliminary research and made some contacts with the few folks
who are handling clinical trials regarding Medtronic Neurological's Deep Brain
(pallidal)  Stimulation for Advanced Parkinson's Disease Clinical Investigation.
 I was wondering if anyone on the list has had any personal experience with
such?  Similarly, has anyone had any European experience/knowledge about this
procedure?

I look forward to learning from you as I don't have much to offer at this point.

Robert Resendes, MBA, MT(ASCP), Health Officer / Exec. Director
Central Utah Public Health Dept., 70 Westview Drive , Richfield, UT 84701
(VOICE)  801-896-5451, ext. 17
(FAX)   801-896-4353