In a moment of creative genius, Ron Reiner wrote:

>After mentioning my PD to a coworker, he asked me a question that I could
>not answer about his mother.  His mother is in her 70s or 80s and has
>been dx'd for about 8 years.  She is constantly complaining about
>"burning feet." It is especially troublesome in the mornings when it is
>too painful for her to walk.
>
>I said that I had never heard of this but that it might be a reaction to
>medication or a symptom of some other diseases she is known to have.
>Anyway, her doctor says that it is PD related and doesn't go into any
>more detail.  My coworker does not know which PD medications she is
>taking but is sure the Sinemet is one of them.
>
>Can anyone shed any light or shared experiences on this?  He is
>especially anxious to find a treatment since the condition is sometimes
>disabling.
>
>                Ron Reiner (49/2)

Ron,

When I was first DXed with PD my neurologist (Chief of the Neurology
department at Walter Reed Hospital) spent quite a while going over the
various options for treatment including any adverse effects. One of the
adverse effects of Sinemet that he mentioned was "burning feet".

You apparently suspected this from the way you worded your message and
your suspection was well founded.

Bruce 55/9
<Starman>

Bruce G. Warr               "Experience is what enables us to recognize
Healthcare Informatics Lab   a mistake the next time we make it."
Information Systems Dept.
University of Maryland Baltimore County

http://umbc.edu/~warr/
(V) (410)455-3206