Grief and Bereavement Resources - May Update

TLC Group offers Support Publications and Free Grief Education
and Intervention Information in the form of "Tip of the Month" and
"Grief Briefs".

Tip of the Month by Kathi Webster
=================================

May's Tip of the Month is by guest writer Kathi Webster who created
and maintains one of the finest Grief/Bereavement/Death & Dying Web
Sites on the Internet. For May, Kathi writes about what happens
"When Support Isn't There".

TLC Group's Publications
========================

TLC offers 5 fact-filled "training and intervention field manuals"
for caregivers, healthcare professionals, educators, and informed lay
persons. The publications are:

      * What to Do When Someone Dies        - by Joanie & Buz Overbeck
      * Helping Children Cope With Loss     - by    "   "  "     "
      * Starting/Running Support Groups     - by    "   "  "     "
      * The AIDS/HIV Support Handbook       - by Christina Polcari, LMSW
      * Helping Older Adults Cope With Loss - by Bert Hayslip, Jr. Ph.D.

TLC Support Group Services
==========================

TLC also offers Support Group Consulting for individuals and organ-
izations interested in establishing and maintaining a support group.

19 Grief Briefs and Growing
===========================

"Grief Briefs" is free, practical information from TLC Group and from
guest writers such as Marc Klass of the Polly Klass Foundation for
Children, Cendra Lynn, founder of Grief Net, and Bill Chadwick of
alt.support.grief.  All articles can be downloaded and copied as long
as you do not charge for the information or the forum in which you
use it.  Submissions are welcomed.  Example titles are:

                    * Three Myths of Children's Grief
                    * What to Say/Not to Say
                    * Loss and Aging
                    * How to Support the Dying
                    * Creating a Loss History

TLC Group's Website
===================

All of the above can be found at http://www.metronet.com/~tlc.

No fancy graphics, no sound bites and no video clips. Just practical
information. We hope our site is of help to you and those you serve!
May we all benefit many people through our work!
|     TLC Group     | Publications For |    Phone: (972) 681-5303         |
|    PO Box 28551   |    Transition    |      Fax: (972) 681-5445         |
|  Dallas, TX 75228 |     Loss and     |    email: [log in to unmask]       |
|       U.S.A.      |      Change      |     http://www.metronet.com/~tlc |