To all List members,

The Smoking Straw Poll has been running for 4 days now
and has generated the magnificent total of 9 replies.  This,
would seem to indicate that, in terms of this list at least,
quitting smoking has not been a factor in the timing of the
diagnosis of PD.

Of course, it may just indicate that no-one is aware of the
poll, or that people have decided not to bother with it, or
even that more time is needed. I shall keep the excercise
going but I suspect not much will change.

For the interested the results to date are:

        Replies:                9

        Onset within months of quitting:        3

        Onset within 3 yrs of quitting:         2

        Onset within 10 yrs of quitting:                2

        Onset later than 10 yrs after quitting: 1

        Worsening, within months of quitting,
        of a pre-existing PD condition:         1

The straw seems to have gone straight down to the ground,
indicating a dead calm.  As I say I shall continue to watch for
replies, but my priliminary thinkling is that there probably is no
connection between quitting and PD.

My thanks to those of you who responded.

Incedently, whilst I didn't keep count, I seem to have had more
scientific, but can be interesting as long as their results are kept
in perspective.

Dennis.

Dennis Greene 47/10