Re: AN OUTSIDE PROFESSIONAL STUDY OF THE REGIONAL AND NATIONAL PD
ORGANIZATIONS

I mentioned that NYS Hospice had an independent study done, an
evaluation with  recommendations for improving  cooperation and
networking among the local units.

I sent a copy of the NYS HOSPICE report to a national PD organization
CEO and receivced no note  of   receipt. The postage I spent should
alone have made it "noteworthy."

Yesterday I spoke to this CEO's assistant. My suggestion was dismissed
by his remark,  "Your idea is a bunch of crap." " No organization would
take it seriously , or abide by its recommendations"  Have you ever had
the impression of being completely  and intentionally misunderstood...of
talking past one another?
Reflecting on serious dialogue, I thought of the Federalist Papers.
They were mostly  written by men in their 30's.They discussed
philosophies  and principles for achieving cooperation between fractious
groups. The Federal Papers were a prelude to Constitional unity. LYCOS
has articles about the Federalist Papers,under that search name.  Is
there an analogy with my suggeston for a study?  (e pluribus unum/for PD
organizations.)

PS The man to with whom I spoke sounded young, but not wise, or tactful.