^^^^^^GREETINGS  FROM^^^^^^^^^^
Ivan Suzman  47/10   [log in to unmask]
Portland, Maine   land of lighthouses     deg. F

On Sun, 4 May 1997 14:25:53 -0400 Camilla Flintermann
<[log in to unmask]> writes:
> Oh dear, Michel--at the risk of sounding "politically correct" I must
>admit I found the "WOMAN" piece clever but not amusing--Can we now
>have the
>parallel version for men, please?
>
>Camilla Flintermann, CG for Peter, 78/7, Oxford,Ohio
>*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *
>"Ask me about the CARE list for PD caregivers!"
>*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *

 Dear Michel,

     I feel grateful for your sharing of humor with our PWP community.
It is a lovely gift, but the old-fashioned, painted-nails and high-heels
portrait of women I found rather irritating. Camilla's thoughts resonate
with mine, except that the suave, macho-man counterpart to your piece on
women, excludes gay men....

    We men must acquire and be open to new images and role models when we
write about women.  Our PWP community will enlarge and benefit by a
special sensitivity among us guys to the changing roles and attitudes of
women.

     Thank you for your tolerance of diversity.

      Ivan Suzman