Allan Goldman wrote:

> Re the recent discussion on Billy Graham, the following are excerpts
> from an AP article in the local paper:
> 1. "He is 78;his hands are weakened and his balance sometimes
> shaky from Parkinson's disease."
> 2. "Today, because of Parkinson's, he has some weakness in his hands
> that make him unable to write letters. He has symptoms of vertigo,
> and falls once in a while. Also, the doctors ask him to nap twice a
> day"
> Certainly sounds as if he is not hiding his PD.
> Allan Goldman   [log in to unmask]

That satisfies me in terms of what was appearing to be failure to
acknowledge the illness except in name.  I wish it was dealt with in the
20-20 interview but he is at least talking about how it affects him.
That is all I really ask.  It would be nice if he came out as an
advocate but it sounds lkie he is at least not acting like he is ashamed
of PD.  Walter may have differences with him regarding his theology and
the "friends" he keeps but those areas are not my concern at least as
far as this list goes.

Charlie
--
CHARLES T. MEYER, M.D.