From:   Parkinson's Information Exchange  On Behalf Of Ken Becker
Sent:   Thursday, May 08, 1997 8:35 PM
To:     Multiple recipients of list PARKINSN
Subject:        Re: FW: FW: Update: Collagen Injections in Vocal Cords

Which brings to mind LIZA MINELLI..????? Okay, I'll explain....Liza made an
LP many years ago, I forget the name, and I also am not sure if I still own
it, but there is a monologue that involves how much time some of the things
we do in our lives adds up to, for example 30 years sleeping,  30 hours
reading the comics, etc. (These are not quotes, just examples. Well I was
thinking, I probably in my 54 years minus 8 days, have spent maybe 3 hours
getting root canals done, but I always think of it as such a negative
experience. Well I once slammed my thumb in the door of a '78 Buick, and the
pain and discomfort was MUCH WORSE than any root canal, and when the E R doc
punched 3 holes in the fingernail with a hot needle,  which only took a few
seconds, the pain was MUCH WORSE than slamming a thumb a car door, but I
really don't think of that experience as often as I think about root canal. I
DO remember, that my wife (BARBARA!) would not let me take any pain
medication, because we were going to her office picnic, and she wanted me to
be able to drink beer without a reaction to medication. I appreciated her
concern so much, I offered to give her a free root canal with my Black and
Decker 1/2 inch hammer-drill. She declined.................. I DID drink some
beer that day!  SO when you are getting needled, think of my thumb..you'll
feel better!