Marjorie Moorefield wrote:

> Walter,
> You want Billy Graham to be a PD Advocate.
> Pray tell, how much higher do you think he can
> go than God?
>
> As Ever,
> Marjorie Moorefield
> just another librarian, with PD
> 64/9
Dear Librarian:...and Charles...and all:
Your reply Marjorie,  was "cute, but "no cigar."  A saying: "We should
act as though  everything depends on us, and pray as if everything
depends on God. The  word ADVOCATE is used in the New Testament.  True,
but we are talking about BG as a PD  ADVOCATE  to man,and  not to God,
in man's behalf.    (Charles, please excuse my  bringing theolology into
these discussions. mea culpa! I will not  do it again, except when it is
absolutely necessary, such as in some ethical considerations).  I am
going to audit a Sr.citizen course in Ethics this Summer.There is a
tuition waiver for Sr.C  Perhaps  your local colleges have similar
policies.     To examine the ethics and politics of medical research
spending might be  useful.      Walter