cry for help re muscle pain - sorry for the delay in replying:-

Billy replied:-

"Like, I like to think that 'attitude' has everything to do with
it, and find that this helps.  I like to look at the good points
of having this, such as:
You don't have to work.
You get these terrific dreams.
There is a lot worse.
You don't get a cold or the flu.
People actually care, ( can you say the same about Aids ? )
It is not our fault, that is nothing we did caused this.
Pain is usually not involved.

Anybody else care to add to this list?
Billy Baird ([log in to unmask])"

Thanks for the reply Billy, firstly I would say that I agree attitude has
everything to do with it.  I have an extremely positive outlook and very
seldom moan (so my husband tells me!) but sometimes a little help is needed
from people who understand.

When you say "You don't have to work" I would also disagree as did Barbara
Mallut who put it very well in her message on Sunday 27 April.  Many people
not only have to work but also want to work.  I won't labour this point as
Barb said it wonderfully.

I don't get these "terrific dreams" so maybe I'm missing out here!

Yes there is a lot worse and I would never ever dispute this.  I count myself
lucky very many times not to suffer what some people do.

I would actually rather suffer from lots of colds and the flu than have PD
but there we are!

Yes people care if you can get them to understand what PD is which can be
hard whereas it seems most people do know what Aids is.

No it is not our fault but does that help?

"Pain is usually not involved" - well Billy obviously I would dispute this or
I wouldn't have asked for help and judging from the replies I had back, many
people with PD do suffer pain and you are obviously one of the lucky ones who
doesn't.

To finish, may I thank Don McKinley for replying.  Thanks Don - I'll have to
give the horse linament a try!  Will my husband make me sleep in the spare
room??!!

Best wishes

Susan 43/11