I am new to the group.  I would like to say hello and to tell you how
wonderful it is  to have found you.

I am a 57 year old women diagnosed with PD in October of 1996.  I probably
shuffled around with it for about 2 or 3 years before it was labelled.  I
had a frozen shoulder, foot problems and tremors in my left hand and foot.
All the problems have been on the left side.  After a definate diagnosis my
husband and I took a very dear friend out for lunch to celebrate life.  We
decided we will enjoy all the good days to the utmost.  I have found some
positive aspects to this disease.  Just to name one, it has helped me put
things in proper prospective.

I take sinemet 4 times a  day,  10/100.  Because of other health problems I
take 5 different prescription drugs a day.

I still work full time which is 36+ hours a week in 4 days.   I work with
large and small groups of students helping them learn accounting in a
community college.  A co worker drives me to work and back each day.
I am so tired at the end of the day that I am afraid to drive.

Does anyone else in the group with PD work full time.  If so, do you have
any tips that may enable me to continue to work for as long as possible.
Any ideas would be appreciated.

By the way, I  stopped smoking about 18 years ago after smoking  for a
great many years.  When I stopped I was a heavy smoker.