Hi Joao,

Thanks for sending this article to our list.

Is this story true? I can't believe what I read. It sounds like an
accusation against abuses happened hundred years ago. I'm happy married
since a long time and I'll try to keep it this way. Nevertheless I feel
very sorry for these "convicted" people. As an European I feel close to the
American society. I never realized this kind of rules still exist in the
most powerful army of the world.

Why should an officer, who loves another person then her husband or his
wife, be a less good officer? Did you knew that the French President
Mitterand had a mistress, he had even a daughter with her. And at his
deathbed, both woman were there. Was Mitterand a bad President because of
this? Or showed he just a part of his human side? Aren't we all human? I
can understand the reason why the army want to have a higher set of
standards, but would it be a less good army if they wouldn't persecute and
destroy the live of those who did love, according to the present rules, one
time too much?

Have a nice weekend,
Piet (42,2)