Marjorie,  your advice is good for non-PD folks too, I will try some of the
ideas myself.
By the way, I have been in your library, and was impressed with the
friendliness and helpfulness of  the staff.   I was able to get an elusive
schematic for a TV, that even the manufacturer did not have.  I laughed about
the "full moon days",  when I hear about people who are bored with their
jobs, I am actually jealous.  It seems sometimes the harder you try to
satisfy and serve some clients, the harder they try to make it difficult.  I
had one lady who caused so much confusion and havoc in my company by her
unjustified complaints, she ended up waiting another half a day for a call to
fix her machine.  She also wasted a lot of time on hold, and talking to
people who had no idea why she was complaining.  Whenever I have to deal with
a person like that, I buy an extra Lottery ticket,  and  start daydreaming
about calling and saying she'll have to find another service tech, because
millionaires don't fix copiers!
Maybe you could add "Become a Lotto winner" to your stress reduction tips!