Brief intro....

I joined about a month ago and have not done this yet. I have a very
dear friend, 60ish with PD. I can remember that it took him three
tries before he could tell me that she had PD. He was so filled with
emotion over this news.  She and her husband asked if I could access
information for them via the internet or other sources I have at
work. I must thank you for the information you all have provided. I
printed an envelope-full of your discussions I thought would
interest/benefit/inform them as patient and caregiver. She was
overwhelmed and delighted!

They are 2 of the most generous, kind, and active folks I know. One
evening I called them only to find she had gone out to do her visits
with shut-ins. What a lady! I so admire her to not wallow in
self-pity and to continue on with all the many volunteer efforts for
both the community and mostly the church. I see so many people get a
cold or the flu and completely fall apart and become helpless. I hate
to think what would happen if something like this were to happen to
them! They continue to spearhead a camp for underpriviledged boys and
attend the weekend-long camp as well.

Now, about the bantering over this joke. I beg you, let's be gracious
and take a smile that's handed to us. If we can't remember how to
laugh at ourselves again, we are doomed. Do you honestly believe that
this joke speaks to all women as a whole? Of course not! There most
likely are very few women like that anymore. Lastly, is the whole
listserve the place to "pick bones"?

My suggestion/request? BUILD A BRIDGE!

P.L. Mallison
Interlibrary Loan - Borrowing