HI Ivan

Re: imaging
Many years ago when My Parkinson's started I was lucky to find
a counsellor who was very helpful with various relaxation and mental
techniques.

The  technique I preferred was what I call imaging but I think it is
known as visualizing. You pick a place which you like, you may have to
try several and you do your best to see that place so clearly that you
feel you are there. With practice you can "go into" the scene, hear the
water lapping on the beach and feel the warm sand between your toes.

Once you get the knack you can visualize other scenes and because I am
learning TAI CHI I mentally go through the 'set' when my head hits the
pillow. The TAI CHI set is a continuous  series of movements which have
names like 'White stork spreads wings'and 'Carry tiger to mountain' and
'Grasp bird's tail'.  I find that I am asleep before I get to the third
or fourth movement.

In our local Parkinson Education Program  there are several sessions with
the psychology department at the hospital. We tried different relaxation
techniques and when  we 'graduated'  we received a tape of the one we
liked best.

Cognitive changes will have to wait for next posting
Anne Rutherford