>To: [log in to unmask]
>From: jim and emily jackson <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Playing catch-up
>
>Greetings from another new subscriber.  (Thanks, Barb, belatedly).I am the
wife of a 69-year-old retiree who was diagnosed within the last year, in
early stages.  For the past couple of weeks I have been quietly following
the list-- funny, heart-rending, informative--learning the ins and outs of
all this.  So much to absorb! Now I have some beginner's questions:
>1. Re: Udall Bill: I do not understand the mechanics of this effort.  Our
TX Senators' and local Rep's names have not shown up in any comments re
bill support since I have been on list.  So what does this mean and how do
we react?
>2. I need a frame of reference (for planning local publicity):
specifically, how do the current numbers of diagnosed PWPs compare with
those of those with other perhaps better-known conditions, ex: PWAs, etc.?
>This is all new to both of us. I wish to become a purposeful and informed
advocate, and intelligent CG if that becomes necessary.  The postings of
this list are wonderful.  My admiration to all whose comments I have been
reading.