Dear new friends,
All the balls of string in the world and all the badges in the world and all
the email messages in the world are not going to cure PD. It takes publicity
for research that must be done. All our energies should be focussed on
letting the world know that we need that research and make new drugs
available. The way to get that research and drugs is for each and every one
of us to take  formatted letters in stamped addressed envelopes  to our
friends. (I was able to get 22 signed today at a public radio station where I
volunteer) Have the letter signed with their address and returned to each of
us
for mailing to our legislators. Below is a sample of what I take with me
whenever I will be seeing people who are sympathic to my cause which is money
for PD reaearch.. (Last night I took them to a city budget meeting  for
example and got 4))
Honorable Senator/Representative So and So,
The United States Senate
Washington D.C.(You must call the legislators local office for official
address)
I write to you to ask you to be a cossponsor of the Morris K. Udall
Parkinson's Research and Education Act, the "Udall bill".
Speaking as a constituent , I'm sure I represent accurately the views of
thousands of sufferers and caregivers.
Leading scientist predict a breakthrough therapy or cure within this decade,
depending upon adequate funded research.
Again, I urge you to cosponsor the bill.

Sincerely yours,
Name
Address
State

Of course you can wax eloquent if you like but it probably won't get read,
the count of people asking for the research is what is important.

I intend to go to Rotary meetings, ELkS clubs, senior centers, computer clubs
etc etc with a hancdfull of the above letter and pre addressed envelope  and
pass them out for signing right then and there. I will even stamp them if
they will just sign them.

Many of you have already done this but there are still many that haven't.
Itseems to me that if they can build all those billion dollar experimental
planes they can fund PD.

We must get pulicity. Write to OPRAh at [log in to unmask] now!

[log in to unmask]  (Helen Mason RN)