In today's Dayton Daily News there's an *excellent* article on PD,and
pallidotomy, from the work done in Detroit. As it's from the Knight-Ridder
Nes Service, other papers will have it too. It has a dramatic photo of a
man in a pallidotomy "cage", and quotes several who have had the operation,
with varying degrees of success, but it points out that this is NOT a cure.
A good balance to some of the TV shows that have hyped various surgeries
without mentioning that little fact :-0

As to B. Graham, a book review of his autobiography,"Just as I Am", mentions
that he is "78 and suffering from Parkinson's disease". It also quotes
his remarks about how "privacy was non-existent at the family home" and
"tourists pressed their faces against thewindows"....a move to a more
secluded mountain home nearby cut down on sightseers, but"whenever I leave
(home) privacy once again becomes a problem".  It seems to me this may in part
account for his reticence to take an advocacy stance about PD, as well as a
possible wish not to "weaken" his image.

Camilla Flintermann, CG for Peter, 78/7, Oxford,Ohio
"Ask me about the CARE list for PD caregivers!"