> From:   Parkinson's Information Exchange  On Behalf Of Heather Elizabeth
Baird
> Subject:        Re: This $%*#! Fatigue
>
> Don't we all get weaker as we age?  We don't expect to keep the
> strenth we had when we were 20 forever, do we?  We seem to have a
> tendancy to blame everything on our Parkinsons, when much of it
> could simply be because of aging?

True, and we should be wary of attributing a symptom to "just my PD", for
what could be a potentially more immediately life-threatening or disabling
disorder.

Nevertheless, I do think that if a symptom is *not* present, or less
disabling, in "on" periods, and present or more disabling in "off" periods,
it can reasonably be, if not directly attributable to PD, at least
aggravated by it.

I have, unfortunately, seen and heard of symptoms dismissed by health
professionals as "not significant", or worse, as hypochondria, because they
were not supported by their formal training.

Jim

Jim