>> All of these Parkinsons drugs were not available 100  years ago.  How did
Parkinsons >>patients deal with this illness then?

>THEY BECAME IMMOBILE GOT PNEUMONIA AND DIED RATHER RAPIDLY BY >TODAY'S
STANDARDS.
>CHARLIE

Well said, Charlie.  I'd like to think Billy just makes these comments to be
provocative, not because he really believes these things.  But I assume Billy
never had to watch a loved one or friend die from Parkinson's back in the
"good" old days before we had the "burden" of all this medication.

 Picture depriving everyone on the net of their meds for just one day and
imagine the suffering they'd experience.  Then project that existence just
long enough for the person to die of "simple" immobility and its
complications.  I watched my uncle go that way, and I'm just grateful I don't
have to watch my husband's PD follow the same course.

Of course, Billy, feeling the way you do about the meds, I'm sure you're not
taking any.

Margie Swindler