Subject:      Medline resources online
To: [log in to unmask]

Several people on Nettrain pointed me to Medline as the premier
source for medical research on the Net. I thought that perhaps
other listmembers would like to know that there is a guide
to Medline Resources online at:
http://www.medmatrix.org/SPages/medline.stm

and an excellent Medline Comparison table at:
http://www.medmatrix.org/info/medlinetable.html

The latter compares numerous facets of the various Medlines
on the Web, including fees, registration process, query options,
novice/expert level, full text access etc.

The highest rank Medline, which is FREE even for full text
retrieval and with immediate access to a comprehensive database
(ranked as expert level, and providing related links) is:
NCBI Pub Medline Retrieval system
http://www4.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/PubMed/

Avicenna Medline is also immediate and free, even for full
text retrieval  - http://www.avicenna.com

Three other high ranked Medlines, also free with immediate access
but with a minimal fee for full-text retrieval are:

HealthGate Medline
http://www.healthgate.com/HealthGate/MEDLINE/search.shtml

Helix Medline
http://www.HELIX.com/

PhyNet
http://medline.phynet.net/plweb-cgi/fastweb.exe?viewform

Hope this is helpful to many....

Tracy Marks
Tracy Marks, M.A.     [log in to unmask]    [log in to unmask]
WINDWEAVER WEB AND WINDOWS 95 TRAINING RESOURCES
http://www.windweaver.com   Windows 95 manual and weekly tips
Web search resources, reviews, guides    Web wisdom articles
NOW OPEN! Webwinds webcams http://www.geocities.com/~webwinds