>Last year, collectively we send ~50,000 Udall postcards to Congress.
>Were they effective??  Is there a plan to do something similar in 1997?

Yes, the Mo Udall postcards were effective.  Many congressional offices
were flooded with them and they helped put the Udall bill "on the radar
screen".  They were also a simple way for many folks to write who would not
necessarily have written otherwise.

This year the NPF has printed a large quantity of similar cards with a
photo of Muhammad Ali.  At the bottom of the picture is the message:  JOIN
THE FIGHT.  Ali is the most recognizable PWP in the world and has himself
'joined the fight' by testifying before Congress for the Udall bill on
behalf of the PD community.  Now is the perfect time to put pressure on our
representatives to increase NIH funding for PD research.

If you are interested in ordering large quantities of cards (100 or more)
contact NPF at:

National Parkinson Foundation
1501 NW 9 Avenue
Bob Hope Road
Miami FL  33136-1494
1 800 327 4545

Larry Hoffheimer is NPF's advocate in Washington.  He is working closely
with Paul Smedberg of APDA and Joan Samuelson of PAN to make sure that 1997
is the year we finally pass the Udall bill.

For smaller quantities of cards contact me:  [log in to unmask]

I offer no guarantee of rapid delivery and I won't provide stamps or
mailing labels but I'll do my best to get cards out to you.  Please do NOT
order less than 25.  Give the extras to your support group, neurologist,
pharmacist, friends, relatives, people on the street, compulsive writers -
anyone who wants a cure for PD now and is willing to do something about it.

Regards,
Ken Aidekman

Fund the Research.  Find the Cure.