Barbara Mallut wrote:

> Regarding the projected surgery to repair the torn rotator cuff in my
> primary-left shoulder, THAT has been put off for several months by the
> orthopedist whom I saw today.  He says that this is a tough surgery for those
> with PD almost ALWAYS resulting in a whopping case of "frozen shoulder," and
> requiring TONS of physio-therapy, with less than an 80% chance of even decent
> results.  He's now got me on 800 mgs of ibuprofen (Motrin) twice a day and
> wants to see if there's any relief with that.

Barb,
You might consider this a good reason to try acupuncture. Not everyone
gets relief, but many do. It might provide enough pain relief to allow
you to quit the Motrin. Like Billy, I'm in favor of taking as few meds
as possible!

I have early-onset arthritis in the R.shoulder, hip and knee joints, and
hands, and monthly acupuncture provides enormous relief, allowing me to
function pretty well.

Best regards,
Kathrynne
--