Phantom smells have been a regular item with me since I was diagnosed  in
1982.  It seems not only do smells linger but I imagine other smells that do
not fit the situation.  I took a smell test several years ago where you
scratch and sniff then identify the smell from a list of four choices.  My
wife's favorite was the identification of bubble gum as airplane gasoline
 among many other erroneous choices. But , anyway, I do have phantom smells.

                                      Dick Swinder (52/15)