----------
> Fra: [log in to unmask]
> Til: Multiple recipients of list PARKINSN <[log in to unmask]>
> Emne: The Serenity Prayer (Complete)
> Dato: 13. maj 1997 02:13
>
> While the first half of the Serenity Prayer is used more often than the
> second part, I believe the second half is extremely  meaningful
especially
> for we parkies.
>
> I quote the second half from Reinhold Neibuhr who in 1926 wrote the
commonly
> accepted version "...........Living ONE DAY AT A TIME; Enjoying one
moment at
> a time; Accepting hardship as the pathway to peace. Taking, as He did,
this
> sinful world as it is, not as I would have it. Trusting that He will make
all
> things right if I surrender to His Will; That I may be reasonably happy
in
> this life, and supremely happy with Him forever in the next. Amen
>
> Being a member of a 12 Step program shortly prior to being diagnosed with
PD
> the Serenity Prayer took on a whole new meaning.
>
> Jim Ryan
> 57/7

Hello Ryan.
I have never heard the second half of the Serenity Prayer, I don`t know
Reinhold Neibuhr and have for several years tried to find out who has been
written the Prayer.
Please if possible I would like so much to have further information about
this man, where he comes from ?  why he wrote the Prayer ?
I`ll be pleased if you`ll try to find out.

Best  regards
Sonia

NEVER GIVE UP